Wednesday 29 April 2009

I've gotten my microphone working, so I've been recording at home and at the Sudanese guys' house. they just got all their gear stolen, so I brought over my equipment and we did some tracks with traditional instruments. Last night I jammed with two other guys in a rehearsal studio (which is only place you can get access to drums), and then went to check my friend Shams' gig at a nightclub. He was playing percussion with a DJ, congas and timbales, and so I sat in for pretty much the whole gig. It was my first gig in Cairo actually. My arms didn't hurt too bad last night, and today they feel ok. I think I'm ready to practice on a regular basis. Of course, getting home at 5 and waking up at 1 every day doesn't really lend itself to a productive day, but I'm going to try and make it work. The whole schedule for musicians is like that: up all night, sleep all or most of the day. If I get a real job like teaching in a school or something like that it's going to be rough waking  up at 8 or 9 everyday to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment